- Position your content in a profitable niche.
- Make use of info from Spyfu, Google Search, affiliate networks (CJ.com, Impact Radius, etc), find an angle you can soft-sell on your blog.
- Build trust with your readers, recommend products or services that solve their problems.
- Expand your blog and develop yourself into other relevant niches. For example, CopyBlogger first started as a writing guide blog; they are now into selling premium WP themes, writers job board, and writers training / certification.
- Track your blog closely, see who’s giving you the most affiliate sales and traffic. Put more money and effort into those winners.
If you have not monetize your blog via affiliate marketing, yesterday is the right time to start.
More tips, tools suggestions, and case studies in my recent guest post at Problogger (Aug 2017).
Also, some of my articles on WHSR might interest you: Make money blogging: niche ideas, case studies, and traffic strategies and 15 practical ways to improve your blog.