1. Search Metrics’ Domain Authority Consolidation: An Observation of dictionary.com
Dictionary.com consolidated its sub and root domain; search visibility took a great leap after.
2. SEO Theory’s How to recover from Google Penguin in less than 60 minutes
Countering Penguin penalty is a business, NOT SEO, decision. You should recheck your business strategy if your site is hit by Penguin.
3. Inc’s Being very boring is going to make your very rich
Profitable niche is boring. Fashion, entertainment, food, and media – these fields are sexy but not easy to make money because of competition.
4. Webris’ Thinking about buying links? Read this first…
If you must buy links, do it the smart way. A reminder on best link buying practices (if there’s such thing).
5. Abhishek’s Does Wikipedia deserves such high ranks in search results?
Google bias towards Wiki proven in both author’s two machine-learning models. Wiki search visibility relies on relevant scores; rankings, however, does not rely on relevant scores. If a Wiki page is deemed relevant, it will rank high.