This could be a good info source for your next blogpost.
Some key findings (compare to 2012 stats) –
– Large, key networks Pinterest, Snapchat and Tumblr continue to draw a higher female audience.
– Most matriarchies remain matriarchies, bar Facebook (previously 58% female) now equalised to gender balance.
– Previously male-dominated sites Last.fm, YouTube, Stumbleupon, DeviantArt have become more equalised.
– But only Flickr of the previous patriarchies has flipped to a more matriarchal balance.
– More tech-cultured oriented networks Reddit & Google+ have become less male dominated. Google+ now 57% men vs 64% in 2012. Reddit now 60% men vs 74% in 2012.
– And sadly, Orkut, Bebo, and Friendfeed is out of the picture.
Dig deeper (warning: data geeks only): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqe2P9sYhZ2ndE9hMHprLVBacElTV2FETFI4S1hLWlE&usp=sharing#gid=9
Infographic credit: http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2014/who-rules-the-social-web-2/